CPS Limited is a supplier of Xypex Concrete Water Proofing and Treatments.
Xypex Concrete Water Proofing and Treatments.
Xypex Concentrate is the most chemically active product within the Xypex Crystalline Waterproofing System. When mixed with water, this light grey powder is applied as a cementitious slurry coat to above-grade or below-grade concrete, either as a single coat or as the first of a two-coat application. It is also mixed in Dry-Pac form for sealing strips at construction joints, or for the repairing of cracks, faulty construction joints and honeycombs. Xypex prevents the penetration of water and other liquids from any direction by causing a catalytic reaction that produces a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete and cement-based materials.
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Secondary Containment Structures
- Tunnels and Subway Systems
- Underground Vaults
- Parking Structures
- Swimming Pools
Xypex is Different
The crystalline nature of the Xypex waterproofing system provides many application advantages over traditional barrier products.
- Xypex does not require a dry surface; in fact, a wet surface is necessary.
- Xypex does not require dry weather to be applied.
- Xypex does not require costly surface priming or leveling prior to application.
- It cannot puncture, tear, or come apart at the seams.
- It does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials.
- It can be applied on either side of a concrete surface – the negative or the positive (water pressure) side.
- Xypex does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes.
- It is less costly to apply than most other methods.
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Does not require a dry surface
- Cannot puncture, tear or come apart at the seams
- No costly surface priming or leveling prior to application. Does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes
- Can be applied to the positive or the negative side of the concrete surface
- Does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Not subject to deterioration
The Application Advantages
The Xypex crystalline system for concrete waterproofing is substantially different from traditional barrier products — like membranes and cementitious coatings. Check these differences:
- Xypex creates a crystalline structure deep within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete.
- Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion to achieve its waterproofing effect, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure.
- It will seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm.
- It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes.
Xypex is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present.