TexoFib Geotextile acts as a separator between two layers of soil that have different particle size distributions. TexoFib Geotextiles are used to prevent road base materials from penetrating into soft underlying sub grade soils, thus maintaining design thickness and roadway integrity. Separators also help to prevent fine-grained sub grade soils from being pumped into permeable granular road bases.
TexoFib Geotextile acts similar to a sand filter by allowing water to move through the soil while retaining all upstream soil particles. TexoFib Geotextiles are used to prevent soils from migrating into drainage aggregate or pipes while maintaining flow through the system. TexoFib Geotextiles are also used below rip rap and other armour materials in coastal and river bank protection systems to prevent soil erosion.
TexoFib Geotextile acts as a reinforcement element within a soil mass or in combination with the soil to produce a composite that has improved strength and deformation properties over the unreinforced soil. TexoFib Geotextiles are used to add tensile strength to a soil mass in order to create vertical or near vertical reinforced soil walls and steep slopes.
TexoFib Geotextile acts as a drain to carry fluid flows through less permeable soils or construction structures. TexoFib Geotextiles are used to dissipate pore water pressures at the base of roadway embankments. The use of Geotextiles in drainage systems ensures an ongoing drainage of fluids with minimum pressure loss by flowing in-plane of the fabric away from the construction.
Due to excellent static puncture resistance, TexoFib Geotextiles protect waterproof membranes and other sealing materials from puncture when fill material and loads are applied. When placed between sealing materials and other layers, TexoFib Geotextiles and resists and distributes local pressure from the layer above, ensuring that the protected material is not stressed to failure.
Special Technical Features
- Excellent resistance to chemical compounds, found in soil.
- Excellent UV resistance.
- Excellent resistance to bitumen and hydro carbon compounds.
- Excellent resistance to water and seawater.
- Non biodegradable.
- Easy to install, flexible & contour easily around corners and footings.
- Has no friction on the membrane, applied easily on vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Membrane colour white, others colours available upon request.
Depending on type of application, design work and site condition, general tips on Geotextile application requirement are stated as follows:
- Generally the surface on which the geotextile is to be placed, shall be smooth surface free from debris and large cavity.
- The fabric shall be placed loosely, no wrinkles and or folds.
- Placing the Geotextile in close contact with the soil so that no void or spaces occur behind
- In roofing application, TexoFib fabrics must be applied on a sound clean substrate, on either thermal insulation board and waterproofing membranes
- Underground, earth and road works all excavation should be completed.
- Geotextile shall be joined by either sewing or overlapping. Overlapped fabrics shall have a minimum of 300 mm overlap.
Safety measure. Once installation has been completed, avoid any unnecessary traffic on the membrane, avoid punching by construction equipment.